Ready to go off on their first day...it was abnormally cold...and a bit overcast...Kaylee & Kiera "let" me walk them to class...Dropped them off with a hug and kisses...Kiera seemed comfortable & happy even :) Kassidy was a bit nervous. She wanted to make sure I walked her in...
The 3 older ones had a great first day and have been excited to go each morning...even after I've had to drag some out of bed...
Mikenna's first day was a few days later. I've been so apprehensive with her...my youngest!! Who I know I've "babied"more than the others...she's been my pal for so long...I waited until we were walking up to the school to let her know that I wouldn't be staying to keep her company. Actually the conversation went more like,
"Mikenna! I put a suprise in your backpack for after school! But you can only have it if you've been good."
"What is it mommy!" (She then looks in her backpack as we are walking...) "Oh! A fruit roll up!! I'll open it right after school!"
"Well, you should wait until I come pick you up though."
After I say this, she looks up at me slowly and says, "But...I thought you were staying with me."
"Mrs. Morris says I need to wait a little while before I stay and help. But you'll be ok. Your sisters are at the school. Mrs. Morris can call me and I will be there super fast if you need me. Everything will be ok. Ok?"
Mikenna slowly nods her head.
Then, as we are standing in line waiting...she holds my hand tightly. My friend Janelle takes a few pics for me. Mrs. Morris comes out...the bell rings...she has the girls line go in first...we walk towards the door..."Have a good day!! I love you!!" Mikenna nods...lets go of my hand and walks in.
{BIG SIGH} She went in without looking back. I cried.
She had a GREAT day and enjoyed herself!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment