Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More updates for my sisters :)

Ok, here are rock pics...I am really hoping the grout fades more...I would have rather had the "dry stack" look, but Michael preferred to see the grout...not sure who chose the grout color, maybe the rock people...
Our framers are beginning some new homes next week...leaving him these next few days to build the stairs and reframe the header on the garage for us...when he came out on Friday to let Mike know what we needed to get lumberwise...he mentioned, "It would be really nice to have the cement slab poured here." (Ummm....for the past 2 months we have asked over and over if we needed to pour that slab yet...in fact, we wanted it poured when they did the front porch and heat pump slab...but the framer wouldn't give us a straight answer...the concrete guy didn't know what the grade of the dirt would be back there...blah blah blah...we paid a "small load charge"...which would have paid for the cement we needed in that slab!!) Well...being as he'd rather the slab be there, Mike and his dad and bro threw it all together this past weekend. It is so nice to have such a handy husband and family that will pitch in no matter the time or day!!
More pics of my wood floor :) Sorry...we wanted to try and "protect" the flooring as much as possible. Thankfully Mike's family pulled through again...his mom was there this time as well...they built the hearth Saturday evening...I am still not happy about my mantle...today Jay (the cabinet guy) said he would just order me a new one...3 inches wider...since he is gathering I am not satisfied with the outcome thus far. Finally he's getting the message :)
Oh...and last week...um...friday??? Allison came over to help me grout. We got the tub area mostly taken care of. It looks nice :) Better with how much it costs too!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

wow, it is looking so great. i love how all your family on both sides are so handy. I know I shouldn't be amazed because you guys are always creating cool things.

kathryn said...

It's all coming together and looking great! I can't wait to see it up close! I admire you guys, I'd never be as patient with the building process as you. :)